Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Did Kodak Really Say This???

  1. #1
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kodak's article claimed:

    "Baron used Eastman Tri-X black-and-white reversal film, a 400-speed film with broad exposure latitude."

    Tri-X is only rated at 400 ASA for still neg.

    What do I win?

  3. #3
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ha Ha, I missed that one.

    I guess that makes two faux pas.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Cranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2001
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scoured it. Only found the "The 7 1/2-minute film was recorded in Super 8 format." bit, which I don't think is necessarily a faux pas...

  5. #5
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah that was the other one.

    I guess it makes me wonder if the person who wrote the article completely understood that when your company name is Kodak, saying the word "recorded" rather than the word "filmed" is not in Kodak's best interest.

    I don't think Kodak uses the word "recorded" when talking about 16mm or 35mm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •